Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Whole Ramdev Thing....

Even if (and it is big 'if') for a moment, I were to accede that his demands are legitimate, and also his reasons, intentions and methodology; even then I find myself feeling increasingly aloof to the whole issue. Perhaps, there is a sense of reverse-flippancy. As in even if the Baba solves this crisis, then yes, we would have less corruption, more money flowing through the system (gushing like the Ganges, in fact), and ultimately, more equality, less poverty and so on; but what would he really have accomplished? What about the things that really matter? The intangible and the pertinent: Why are we here? Where do we go? Don't know about you but I prefer my Babas answering those questions instead.

PS: The whole 'doing away with the higher denomination notes' argument seemed extremely environmentally-challenged

No comments:

Post a Comment